Learning Lab for Local Governance
Having incubated various innovative strategies with more than 150 gram panchayats and two municipal towns, the organization believes that it needs to disseminate and upscale the learnings from these practices, even as it continues to fulfill the growing demand for capacity building from local governments in and outside Kutch. SetuAbhiyan has thus initiated a Learning Lab for Local Governance (LLLG) which serves as a platform to teach, learn, share, and develop a repository of knowledge resources for Local Governance.
The Objectives of Learning Lab are:
- To strengthen the functioning of the Local Governments (primarily within the Setu coverage) through structured training offered on a regular basis.
- To enhance the concept of Horizontal Learning and peer to peer learning
- To specifically support federations of women elected representatives on aspects of gender budgeting and governance
- To develop capacities of social facilitators / change agents working with Local Governments
- To initiate knowledge building and knowledge products around the praxis of local decentralized governance thus to energize/empower representatives of civil society/Panchayat facilitators, and critical mass of Local Government representatives, with the abilities to document, research, and access structured studies of local governance and citizenship.